Digital Marketing is the promotion of products or brands through one or other forms of electronic media like email, mobile marketing, social media, online customer groups, webinars and other video-based content. The key objective of digital marketing is to promote brands through various forms of digital media.
It spreads beyond internet marketing to contain channels that do not require the use of the internet. It includes smartphones both SMS and MMS, social media marketing, display advertising, search engine marketing, and other forms of digital media.
The Importance of Digital Marketing
The world is promptly shifting from analog to digital. People are consuming more and more digital content on a daily basis – on mobile phones, tabs, laptops, desktop computers at work and home.
Why is Digital Marketing Important?
Because it is not only a fast-growing force in the current marketing field, it is set to be upcoming of marketing, and it seems likely that digital media will soon substitute more traditional forms altogether. The good news is that it offers just as much as possible to marketers as it does to costumers.
Some of the Key forms of Digital Marketing:
- Websites and SEO Content
- Internet Banner Ads
- Online Video Content
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising
- Email Marketing
- YouTube Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Mobile Marketing (SMS, MMS, etc.)
The Main Digital Marketing Benefits Over Physical Marketing are:
- This helps businesses to grow extensive customer base as it does not depend on physical presence or interaction
- The future scope inspires customers to interact directly with businesses
- It is not limited by conventional opening times – customers can interact at a time and place suitable for them
Both methods of marketing are very crucial in the marketplace and each business has to estimate their current and future customer base before boarding on its actions.